Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy (untraditional) rouladen which uses one pan. It's extremely tasty, and very fast to make. Makes a great dinner or a tasty appetizer.
- 2 -3 lbs beef round steak or 2 -3 lbs beef round roast (cut 1/4" thick, cut into 8 strips)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
- 8 slices bacon (diced)
- 4 small dill pickles (diced)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- noodles or rice
- Rub each piece of meat with 1/2 clove of garlic then spread mustard onto meat.
- Mix bacon, pickles and onion and spoon along one end of each piece of meat.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Brown the meat rolls in olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and sugar.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until done.
- Serve with noodles or rice.