Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh,Fresh,Fresh! Very simple, tasy salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 2 romaine lettuce hearts (chopped)
- 4 green onions (coarsly chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Remove skin and white membrane from Oranges, cut into wedges.
- (cut over salad bowl to catch juices) Add Lemon juice, oil, mustard and garlic.
- Add lettuce and toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Avocado and Green Onions.
- Toss and Serve.
A nice, different salad. But make sure the oranges are ripe. Mine wern't, and the tangyness overpowered the salad for me. I would never have thought to put avocado and oranges together, though.