Recipe by Nat Da Brat
Easy, different, very flavourful pasta dish. This is good served warm as a side, or cold as a salad. This is perfect for potlucks or picnics, it's very transportable and doesn't need to be reheated.
Top Review by Cjl0601
This recipe has great potential, but as written, I thought it lacked flavor. After it was done, we found it was excellent with some more curry powder, salt, and sesame seed oil drizzled over it. We substituted asparagus for the broccoli and really enjoyed that addition as well!
- 250 g rice noodles
- 2 leeks (white part and a bit of green part, chopped)
- 6 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 head broccoli (flowerets only, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine (use water , vegetable or chicken broth, if you do not have)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil some water, turn heat off, add Rice Sticks.
- Let sit in water for about 3-4 minutes, or until done and strain.
- Heat wok, add oil and butter until melted.
- Add curry powder, garlic powder and kosher salt.
- Add leeks and toss for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots and toss for about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and toss for about 1 minute.
- Add wine, (or other liquid) and put the lid on wok or pan.
- Let everything simmer/steam on med.
- heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid, add Rice sticks, toss and put in serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and I also usually add a little extra virgin olive oil at this point, and give it a last toss before serving.