1/2 Photos of Nat's Rice Sticks
Nat Da Brat's Note:
Easy, different, very flavourful pasta dish. This is good served warm as a side, or cold as a salad. This is perfect for potlucks or picnics, it's very transportable and doesn't need to be reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g rice noodles
- 2 leeks (white part and a bit of green part, chopped)
- 6 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 head broccoli (flowerets only, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine (use water , vegetable or chicken broth, if you do not have)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil some water, turn heat off, add Rice Sticks.
- 2Let sit in water for about 3-4 minutes, or until done and strain.
- 3Heat wok, add oil and butter until melted.
- 4Add curry powder, garlic powder and kosher salt.
- 5Add leeks and toss for about 1 minute.
- 6Add carrots and toss for about 1 minute.
- 7Add broccoli and toss for about 1 minute.
- 8Add wine, (or other liquid) and put the lid on wok or pan.
- 9Let everything simmer/steam on med.
- 10heat for 2 minutes.
- 11Remove lid, add Rice sticks, toss and put in serving bowl.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste, and I also usually add a little extra virgin olive oil at this point, and give it a last toss before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nat's Rice Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g