Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Come on....you know you want it!!! As a teenager my friend and i use to live off these when we went to her cottage...We'd pick up a dozen buns, a jar of peanut butter, and a jar of dill pickles.... I still love them!
- 1 kaiser roll
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 dill pickles (sliced down the length, i usually get about 4 slices per pickle)
- Cut bun, and spread peanut butter on each half.
- Crunchy or smooth-your choice.
- Add pickle slices.
- Eat away!
- Don't be shy to try this with different breads.
- Can also be toasted.
- Also perfect for party snadwiches, just roll around the dill.
I've been eating peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches for about 40 years! I go for a pretty basic recipe though - plain soft white bread and hamburger dill chips. Just had one for breakfast this morning!
Being bored, I looked for a few of my favorite foods that my Grandpa Gump taught me about. I never would have expected this to show up on here! BUT. according to the way I was introduced, you need one more ingredient: Mayonaise! Miracle Whip is ok, too...go ahead, try it! Thanks for posting.
Great sandwich! I highly recommend. Also try it with freah cucmber