Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy, delicious, no cook topping is wonderful on cake, ice cream, cheesecake, toast, pancakes...you name it! Keeps very well, so can be made ahead of time, but is as easily made minutes before serving it. This is also great made with mangoes.
- 4 -5 peaches (ripe)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- cinnamon (optional)
- Peel peaches (or mangoes) using a paring knife.
- Cut peaches (or mangoes) into wedges and put into a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice,from the remaining pit and pulp, into same bowl.
- Add juice of 1/2 the lime.
- Add zest.
- Add a little pinch of salt (helps get all the flavours to marry).
- I then add a pinch of cinnamon at this point (optional).
- Mix all together and taste.
- You may have to adjust sugar depending on the sweetness of your peaches.
- Let sit at room temp for at least 15 minutes before serving or heat in micro until just warm.
- Top your favorite dessert!
- Garnish with cinnamon or cocoa powder.