Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are fast, easy, and cheap! I like these as a "munchie" or BBQ'd and served with corn on the cob for a nice summer meal.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- In a bowl, mix marinade ingredients.
- Place drumsticks in a shallow pan, pour marinade evenly, over the chicken.
- Refrigirate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from marinade (keep marinade), and place chicken on a foiled lined baking pan.
- Bake chicken for 30- 45 minutes (depending on size of drumsticks).
- Take reserved marinade, and pour into medium saucepan.
- Whisk in Milk and cornstarch, bring to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Durin the last 15 minutes of baking, brush drumsticks with the sauce.
- Keep remaining sauce for dipping!
- If you want to BBQ these, do so on medium heat and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Very good but next time I would skip the sauce part and just use the marinade
Delicious! My whole family loved this. It was very easy to put together. Back to add: that I used chicken breasts with bone, and it was still good. Also My daughter used the sauce to put over rice and she really liked it. I think the sauce would be great too with some plain boiled potatoes :) Made for Zaars Alphabet Soup Tag Game. I keep coming back to this recipe because its just so simple and good.
Great recipe! I generally do not care for drumsticks - but I had a bunch of them and decided to give it a try. My husband absolutely LOVES this recipe, and I think it is pretty good too. Not bad for a gal who does not care for drumsicks!!