I love zucchini sticks, and these baked ones are better than any fried version.
Make and share this Nat's Oven Baked Zucchini Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (any kind will do)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (sometimes use celery salt)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- horseradish cream, dip Creamy Horseradish Dip
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Spray large baking sheet with oil cooking spray.
- Cut zucchini into slices, (about 1 1/2 inches by 3/4 inch).
- Toss zucchini in a bowl with the olive oil.
- Mix dry ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Place zucchini, a handful at a time, in the plastic bag, and shake to coat.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Turn zucchini, bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with Creamy Horseradish Dip recipe#79910 or your favorite dip.