Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
For those of us that like to eat nachos with a "spoon"!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup bird eye sweet corn (frozen, thawed & drained)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- lettuce (chopped)
- tomatoes (diced)
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown meat,drain.
- Stir in salsa,corn,dressing,chili powder and garlic.
- Layer 1/2 of meat mixture, then 1/2 chips, 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes, when serving, and sour cream on the side.
I love this recipe too! I have the same one except mine calls for colby/ monterey jack cheese. But now days with all the varieties available I like to use a hot pepper cheese sometimes. Making it even hotter with hot mexican chili powder is a great way to turn up the heat.
This was excellent. I subbed 1/3 c. real mayo for the Miracle Whip and added a can of diced tomatoes -- otherwise didn't change a thing. I covered it to bake. This flew out of the casserole dish...not a spot leftover. Went great with cornbread muffins and the recommended toppings. Soooo good!!
I think it was the Miracle Whip that I didn't care for. I may try cream cheese or sour cream next time as the Miracle Whip just didn't seem to blend in well with the flavors. Sorry that it didn't work for us.