Recipe by Krsi Sue
Unforgettable, in every way. If you don't want to use maple syrup, use honey. You can substitute 1 lg pkg of coleslaw mix for the slaw mixings below. From Crazy Plates.
Top Review by woodland hues
Krsi Sue, this is great coleslaw! DH says this should be our 'default coleslaw', meaning, the one we always come back to! I used the maple syrup, cutting it back to 3 tbsp and cutting the rice vinegar back to 1/3 cup. We enjoyed everything about it. Thanks for the most 'unforgettable' coleslaw recipe, in every way!
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 6 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, unpeeled, cored, and shredded