Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taste great, easy to make, got lots of zing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks (partly frozen for easy cutting)
- 1 head broccoli
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak spice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or other frying oil)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Cut broccoli, use florets and stems cut into thin rounds.
- Slice mushrooms and onion.
- Slice steak in 1/4 inch think strips.
- Mix hoisin, soya sauce, steak spice and corn starch together in a cup or bowl.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over med.
- high heat.
- Add beef and stir fry till brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to same pan, cook until just brown.
- Remove from pan, and set aside on top of beef.
- Add onions to pan, stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and throw on top of mushrooms and beef.
- Add the 1/3 cup of water to fry pan, deglaze.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir fry until water evaporates.
- Returm meat, mushrooms, onion to pan.
- Pour sauce mixture on top.
- Stir constantly, until all is nice and hot and coated evenly with sauce.
- Enjoy over rice or noodles.
This is delicious. I followed the recipe word for word and added chow mien noodles and seasame seeds also. This is a must try!!!
Lovely peppy stir fry - I had to make a sub for the Hoisin sauce as my friend doesn't care for it so I added some garlic. fresh ginger & 2 tbsp Marsala wine. For the steak spice I used Montreal Steak spice. Very enjoyable dinner thanks