Prep 2 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Served cold on leaf lettuce. Great flavour and nice presentaion. Best if marinated overnight (hence the 24 hr cook time).
- 4 asparagus spears (per person)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (fresh grated only)
- pepper (fresh ground only)
- Dip asparagus in boiling water and drain immediately.
- Pour Italian salad dressing over asparagus, cover (I put it in a ziplock), and marinate overnight.
- Serve on lettuce leaf and sprinkle with fresh black pepper and fresh grated parmesean.
I thought I would like this more than I did since I normally love anything marinated in Italian dressing, but the taste plus the texture of the asparagus reminded me too much of eating a pickle (and I'm not really fond of pickles). Someone who loves pickles would probably love this! Made and reviewed for *Zaar* Cookbooks *Tag* Game 2008.
Woo hoo! I finally got my husband to eat asparagus! I made this using the entire bunch of asparagus and an 8 oz. bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing. I followed steps 2 and 3 to the letter, and served as a side dish with a nice roast. Now I can have asparagus, and my husband will eat it too. Thank you!