Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Very colorful salad or side which can be made ahead and transported very easily. Looks great on any table, and taste wonderful too!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (lightly steamed)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 scallions (thin sliced)
- 1 banana pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari (can use soya sauce as sub)
- 1⁄4 cup coarse chop pistachios (optional)
- Rinse and drain couscous.
- Boil water, add couscous, and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Cover and let sit until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine next 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add couscous and pistachios, toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.