Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This garlic butter is much better than any storebought. Vampires beware...it is a garlic lover's treat! Can easily be frozen in ice cube trays (make sure to plastic wrap the tray, or it will smell up your freezer) or ziplocks.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Butter is ready to use right away.
- Can be stored in fridge for a couple of weeks, but if you don't use much of it, it can be frozen into desired portions.
- I put this butter on vegetables of all kinds (Asparagus and Broccoli are best).
- Use to make garlic toast, or garlic bread.
- Best NOT to store in tupperware, as it is difficult to get the garlic smell out!
We LOVE this garlic butter. Simple ingredients. This recipe was easy to follow. I do not want to change one thing. We will use this forever. Thank You for a great 5 Star Recipe.
Excellent... I'll never buy that frozen garlic bread again!! I sautéd the garlic for just a very few minutes to enhance the flavor, then let it cool before adding it to the butter.
I make a lite variation by using 1 lb. soft margarine (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), stir it up with 3 cloves of pressed garlic (more if you prefer). Put it's lid back and it's always on hand to use in it's container in the frige, with a big reduction in fat, but not taste. I haven't done so, but I'm sure it can be frozen as in original recipe. GINNY B (01/13/03)