1/2 Photos of Native Biscuit Bread
This recipe for Bannock (BA-nick) is from "Extending the Table" and is posted for ZWT4. For a healthier version use half whole wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine all ingredients and mix to form a stiff dough.
- 3Knead on a floured susrface, adding additional flour, if necessary.
- 4Form into a round or oblong loaf, about 1 inch high.
- 5Bake on a greased baking sheet approximately 30 minutes, or fry in a frypan in a little hot oil.
- 6Serve warm with margarine and jam or honey.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Native Biscuit Bread
Serving Size: 1 (882 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1831.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2998.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 51.6 g