1/1 Photo of Native American Fry Bread
Very easy recipe for fried bread used to make Indian Tacos. OR you can eat them with butter, or add honey or jelly! You can also slice in half and use as hamburger buns. Many possibilities. Sometimes I use garlic salt and eat them with spaghetti. They make great dippers for chili too! To make the indian tacos you just put your favorite taco ingredients on top and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix ingredients together with a fork in a medium bowl. (will be sticky).
- 2Liberally grease your hands with vegetable oil and shape dough into a ball. Leave dough in bowl and cover with a towel and set in warm place for atleast 20 minutes, but leaving longer makes the bread fluffier.
- 3When you are ready to make the bread, heat vegetable oil, atleast 1 inch deep or deeper in a frying pan or electric skillet. (around 375 degrees) Test a small ball of dough in grease, it should float in grease, not sit on the bottom, if it doesn't immediately float, oil is not hot enough.
- 4When oil is ready, grab a ball of dough a little bigger than a golf ball and stretch out in your greased hands until dough is flattened out about the size of a large cookie. Poke a small hole in the center of the dough with your fingers, and carefully lay in the hot oil.
- 5Let dough brown to a golden brown before turning over and frying other side.
- 6Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Native American Fry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: