Prep 13 mins
Cook 30 mins
yummy cookies that will satisfy anyone at the rez or in your home:) its very good and delicious to try anytime :)
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 2/3 cup of sugar and lard.
- Add egg and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, vanilla, and anise seed, blending thoroughly.
- Gradually add milk until a stiff dough is formed.
- Mix in the pinon nuts.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured board to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle the tops with mixture of the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake the cookies on a well greased baking sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a rack.
- Makes 2 dozen two inch cookies.
very tasty cookie very easy to make i made these for the girl scouts cookies across cultures. I never liked anise because i hate black licorice i like red though and the anise smelled strong but didnt over power in the cookie tasted perfect!! these cookies are great, thankyou chef otaktay.