- Make a paste of egg yolks, flour and 1 cup of the milk.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and salt to the remaining milk and scald at medium temperature.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the scalded milk and continue to cook at medium temperature until it reaches the consistency of soft custard.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the custard.
- Chill before serving.
- Spoon custard into individual serving dishes.
- Sprinkle each with nutmeg before serving.