Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a very popular Hispanic dessert that is extremely delicious. This recipe is also DIABETIC FRIENDLY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 cup of milk and cinnamon, until boiling.
- 2Remove from heat and dissolve cornstarch in a little water. Mix the remaining cold milk with the cornstarch solution.
- 3Mix egg yolks and Splenda together into the cold milk and add the hot milk mixture.
- 4Heat over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat when thickened and add the vanilla extract and mix well. If you have a problem getting it to slightly thicken, you can add a little more cornstarch, but it is not supposed to be too thick.
- 6Allow to cool and get firm in refrigerator and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Natilla (Sweet Custard)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.4 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: