Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a very popular Hispanic dessert that is extremely delicious. This recipe is also DIABETIC FRIENDLY.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 cup of milk and cinnamon, until boiling.
- Remove from heat and dissolve cornstarch in a little water. Mix the remaining cold milk with the cornstarch solution.
- Mix egg yolks and Splenda together into the cold milk and add the hot milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat when thickened and add the vanilla extract and mix well. If you have a problem getting it to slightly thicken, you can add a little more cornstarch, but it is not supposed to be too thick.
- Allow to cool and get firm in refrigerator and serve chilled.