Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another of my grandmother's recipes. We would eat this plain, as creme brulée, with fresh fruit, or used it as a filler for cake. I have translated this from a Spanish recipe, so bear with me if the wording is strange. I am guesstimating on the time as I have not made this myself in 10 years--my grandma always made it for me!
- Bring milk, cinnamon, zest & salt to a boil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the water.
- Beat together diluted cornstarch, yolks & sugar.
- Add in the milk mixture.
- Cook in double boiler (preferred) or over medium flame stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Stir in vanilla & transfer to serving dish.
- Powder with cinnamon.
This didn't last long!! It didn't thicken while in the double boiler so I cooked it over direct heat for a bit. It thickened further when chilled. A very happy family! I chose this recipe because I had egg yolks to use, lol. Thank you!