Recipe by Beachbunnymom
I have experimented with tons of sugar cookie recipes. Some come out too flat, some come out bland. I finally figured out the perfect recipe. It includes both granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix butter and white sugar till smooth. Add powdered sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture slowly. Mix well.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough on powdered sugared surface (you can use flour too). Roll out dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.