Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
I have experimented with tons of sugar cookie recipes. Some come out too flat, some come out bland. I finally figured out the perfect recipe. It includes both granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and white sugar till smooth. Add powdered sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture slowly. Mix well.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough on powdered sugared surface (you can use flour too). Roll out dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.