Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
In 'Southern Pies' by Nancie McDermott
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells, edges crimped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced peaches (4 medium peaches, fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cover and keep pie crust refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the sugar and flour in a bowl and stir with a fork or whisk to mix them well.
- Add the peaches and toss to coat them evenly with the sugar mixture.
- Scoop the peaches and juices into the pie crust and spread them out in an even layer.
- Pour the cream over the peaches, and then poke and move the peaches about so that the cream covers them evenly.
- Place the pie on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Bake until the peaches are tender and the cream has made a soft custard around them, 35-40 minutes.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack or a folded kitchen towel and let cool to room temperature.