Recipe by kolleen1021
A friend of mine is a master of delicious meats and this is just one more of his amazing creations. This makes the house smell awesome and is excellent piled high on a roll with melty Provolone cheese. Oh, and don't forget the bibs...this one is messy!
Top Review by shanj6
This recipe caught my eye because my son's name is Nate. Happy I saw it, delicious. I added a few potatoes and carrots the last 2 hours - scooped them out and had them as a side dish. Yummy!
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast (butcher twine removed)
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 ounce italian seasoning mix (1 packet Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except roast) in a large crockpot.
- Place the roast in the crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove the beef and shred with two forks. Add back to the juices and enjoy.
- NOTE: To enjoy this in the traditional Chicago-style, pile high on a crusty roll with provolone cheese slices and chopped giardiniera.