Recipe by Taylor5
My boyfriend (Nathan) made this sandwich for me one day and ever since I have loved it. In my personal opinion, it is better that McDonald's and Burger King's chicken sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or just cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 white hoagie rolls (1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb thin cut boneless chicken breast (adding seasoning to chicken is optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using either a grill or George Foreman Grill, grill the chicken breasts till completely done.
- Butter the sub roll and put on grill for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut chicken into strips while you wait for bun to grill. As soon as chicken is cut spread half of the cheese on the chicken.
- Spread mayo on both sides of the bun and quickly spread the remaining cheese on bottom bun (so it melts).
- Place the chicken on the bottom bun and sprinkle with lettuce.
- Place the top bun on and enjoy!
- If desired add more ingredients to make all six sandwiches.