Recipe by KittyKitty
A Russian soup that is great for hot summer days, as opposed to most soups which are better in Winter
- 10 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon, base
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 green onions, minced well
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup ham
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh dill, chopped fine, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add Chicken Boullion base to boiling water, stir, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While broth is cooling, prepare vegetables, eggs and ham.
- When broth is room temperature, add buttermilk and lemon juice, vegetables, eggs and ham. Stir well.
- Add salt and dill to taste. Refrigerate.
- Soup is best served well chilled.