Recipe by Natasha513
I created this casserole at least 20 years ago to for a quick, easy meal for my family.
Top Review by mommyof 3
One word: YUMMY!!! I had to omit the stewed tomatoes and add two cans of tomato sauce instead because my husband does not like tomatoes. I left everything else the same and topped with sour cream and it was a hit. Great recipe and very easy to prepare. Thanks!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 -2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 packages taco seasoning mix (low-salt if desired)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- garlic powder or pepper or dill, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for about 10 or 15 minutes over medium heat until wilted.
- Remove from pan.
- Sauté ground beef until browned.
- Return onions and garlic to pan and add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco/other seasonings, mixing well; lower heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta for about 6 minutes so still slightly firm (do not overcook).
- Drain pasta and put into large bowl, keeping warm.
- Pour ground beef mixture over pasta in bowl.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix will.
- Pour everything into a 9X13 glass baking pan.
- Top mixture with remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350º for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly on sides.
- When serving, add a scoop of sour cream on side of plate if desired.
- Serve with a crisp salad, ranch-flavored Doritos, and sangria.