Recipe by rusted_essence
I had been craving this for a while. I looked at a few recipes but figured I would create my own with what i needed to use up. This was the result... It is different, but tasty and the next day it is even better.
- 2 cups egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 (7 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (fine chop)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, and
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 ounce pimiento
- 2⁄3 cup white breadcrumb
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles and set aside.
- saute chopped veggies in butter until tender.
- mix soup milk sour cream tuna and all veggies together.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- combine with egg noodles in a greased 13x9 pan.
- top with bread crumbs and bake covered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- uncover sprinkle with cheese and fried onions and bake 5- 10 more minutes ENJOY!