Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's recipe and we loved it so much because of the consistency oats gave to it rather than bread crumbs. Great leftover sandwiches.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf meat (combo beef/pork etc)
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (more as desired, I use more like 1.5 cups)
- salt and pepper
- Blend meat, egg, onion, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add oats to desired consistency.
- Bake 60-70 minutes at 350º in an ungreased 9x5x3 pan.
This is a nice basic recipe for meatloaf that doesn't use bread or cracker crumbs. I'm so glad I found it because we loved it for dinner last night! It's very mild so we spiced it up a bit and added some garlic powder, basil and oregano. It held together wonderfully and made great sandwiches for lunch today! Thanks for a yummy meatloaf!
This was GREAT! The oats did the trick. I added 1/2 of a bell pepper for more flavor and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing this...Im sure I will never cook meatloaf any other way! Lindalue
good meatloaf. i made shepard's pie out of the meatloaf and everyone loved it and commented how good the meatloaf was