Recipe by NatCL106
This is a recipe I formed by mixing multiple recipes together to make it. We wanted a very nicely homemade chicken pot pie and this recipe we concocted did the trick! Hope you all enjoy it as well! :)
- 2 ready to bake pie crusts (usually found in the refridgerated section where you find pillsbury dough. The brand I used was Meri)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, bite sized chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with one of the crusts and cook according to package. When finished, set oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and celery and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes for a blond roux.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring the liquid up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in the half and half and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and chicken. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Place the 2nd crust on top of the filling. Carefully tuck the overlapping crust into the pan, forming a thick edge. Crimp the edges. Slice four holes in the center of the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.