Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A different take on goulash - no veggies and a little bite! Don't leave out the seasonings - they are essential for best flavor. Great served with a salad and hot biscuits or cornbread.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (ground)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 8 ounces large macaroni, cooked al dente
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until slightly brown.
- Add seasonings and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add soups and water - simmer 45 minutes.
- Combine with cooked macaroni and serve.
Creamy comfort food that is easy to make. I did as 3boysmom said and served it with cornbread. Just the right amount ot heat for me. But for the little ones, well have you heard the story of *The Three Bears*? Baby Bear says, "Mine is to hot". That is what I heard from the little ones. So next time I'll cut the cayenne pepper and Tabasco sauce down to 1/4 teaspoon each. I will be making this again thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag* game 2008