Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For all you caper lovers here's a recipe to give a try. Curing takes 1 month not included in cooking time. Found this at goodcooking sight.
- 1 pint marigold vinegar or 1 pint tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 whole peppercorns
- fresh nasturtium buds
- Place all ingredients in a nonreactive (non-metal) saucepan.
- Bring them to a boil, cover, and simmer over lowest heat for 30 minutes.
- When COOL, pour the liquid into a lidded jar, crock, or plastic tub and place it in the refrigerator.
- Wash and drop nasturtium seed pods into the crock as they become available.
- (Pods develop at the base of the blossom after the petals wither.) Allow the pods to cure for a month after the last one has been added before using.
- Pickled nasturtium pods will keep through the winter if refrigerated.