Nasoya Madness continues. Not vegan friendly, not diet-friendly, but something a little different and very tasty? Definitely. Feel free to use a prepared pie shell if you'd rather skip making the sugar cookie crust. Note that cooking times may vary and does not include cooling time.
- Make the pie crust by blending all the crust ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Grease a 9" or 10" pie pan with cooking spray, and press the crust into it. Be sure to poke some holes in it with a fork.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until the crust shows signs of setting.
- Pull the crust out to cool for a bit and lower the oven temp to 350.
- Make the pie filling by first mixing the heavy cream and strawberries together in a blender or food processor.
- Add this mixture to the Nasoya in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20-35 minutes depending on oven strength, until it looks set.
- When it looks set, turn the oven off and let it cool in there for at least half an hour. Pull it out and let it chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours prior to serving.
- If you like, top with fresh strawberries or toasted almonds. I wanted to put toasted almonds in as part of the recipe but the filling itself is very good and different.