1/1 Photo of Nasi Goreng - Indonesian Fried Rice
Yummy! I love the Indonesian recipes and this is no different! This is a great dish to have with the Ayam Goreng recipe I have posted. What you can include in the recipe which I personally don't is chicken and little prawns (cooked of course), to add to the actual rice mixture. Think I might whip up a batch tonight for hubby and I. Enjoy! Oh by the way I use Basmati Rice - its my personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 spring onions, finely chopped or 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (Indonesian Hot Chili Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fish oil
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts (mixed) or 1 1/2 cups asian greens (mixed) or 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (mixed) or 1 1/2 cups carrots (mixed)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- fried egg (to serve on top) (optional)
- cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- cooked small shrimp (optional)
- 1Heat oil in wok or large fry pan.
- 2Add garlic, ginger and spring onions and sauté for a minute.
- 3Add sesame oil, sambal oelek, fish oil, shrimp paste and ketjap manis and stir through for a few seconds.
- 4Add the veggie mix and toss through for a minute.
- 5Add the cooked rice and keep stirring through until well coated but not sticky.
- 6Add the chicken and prawns and fold into the rice mixture.
- 7Taste mixture and if necessary add some more of the spices.
- 8If you want to top the dish with a fried egg, fry the eggs in a separate fry pan.
- 9Serve out rice and top with the fried egg.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nasi Goreng - Indonesian Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: