Recipe by Sackville
This is one of the first Asian dishes I learned to cook and it is still one of my favourites. A friend of mine, who lived in Singapore for many years, always served his version of Nasi Goreng with a fried egg over the top and I think that is a nice addition.
Top Review by Pikake21
Very quick and easy to prepare, and the taste was lovely--especially with the egg on top. I didn't have any shrimp on hand, but that didn't matter much. It was nice to just have the peppery flavor over rice. Thanks, Sackville!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, coriander and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve immediately, with cucumber slices on the side and a fried egg over the top.