1/2 Photos of Nasi Goreng
A traditional Indonesian rice dish with prawns and beef. The subtle flavors are delightful and authentic and the dried shrimp paste or 'trasi' as it is known locally gives it the unique flavor of Indonesia This recipe was given to me by an old friend who is Dutch/Indonesian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg, season and in a little oil make an omelette. cool and cut into strips and set aside.
- 2Slice the beef very thin, and cut the prawns in half if they are large.
- 3Chop onions as fine as possible, crush the garlic and add to the onions, place the trasi in a small cup and add a real tiny amount of hot water to get t.
- 4it to melt, stir and add to the onion and garlic.
- 5Heat the oil in either a frypan or wok and fry the onion mixture until its cooked, add the prawns and meat to the pan and continue to stir.
- 6Stir in the cooked rice, spring onions stir constantly until its very hot, sprinkle on the soya sauce, adding more if necessary.
- 7serve the rice, garnished with the onion flakes and slices of cucumber.
- 8Can be made ahead for buffets or even Barbecues and heated in the microwave. Delicious hot or cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nasi Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1300.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 196.0 mg
- Sodium 1120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: