Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I didn't chill it 24 hours, no time for that. It was still amazing. Next time perhaps I'll be a better planner...but I doubt it.
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 141.74 g bottle habanero sauce
- 1360.77 g small catfish fillets
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml onion powder
- vegetable oil
- 1. Whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add catfish. Cover and chill 24 hours.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Remove catfish from buttermilk mixture, discarding mixture. Dredge catfish in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large, deep skillet; heat to 325°. Fry catfish, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes with a fork. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.