Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy version of the classic cheese spread. I make this all the time - people love it and ask for me to make it as christmas presents. I adapted a recipe from a friend which included sundried tomatoes (which I do not like)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese or 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packagespicy monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese (use less for a chunkier spread)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper (I use the "no heat" version)
- spices, to taste*
- salt & pepper
- frank's original red hot sauce (about 1 tlbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato, if you like them
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (more if you like it really creamy)
- Mix shredded cheeses together in a large bowl.
- In a food processor blend cream cheese, pimentos, jalepenos, and SD tomatoes if desired.
- Blend shredded cheese mix and cream cheese mix together and then add mayo and spices.