Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Nashville House in Brown COunty, IN. They are wonderful. Served at the Nashville House with fresh Apple Butter.
- 946.0 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 3 package dry yeast or 3 package yeast
- 236.59 ml lard or 236.59 ml shortening
- 29.57 ml salt
- 1656.13-2129.31 ml flour
- Add yeast to warm water as directed on package.
- Add other ingredients, till mixed.
- Let dough rise.
- Work into biscuits.
- Heat oil to slightly hotter than 350 degrees.
- Drop into hot fat.
- This recipe will make about 7 dozen biscuits.
- They can be frozen individually and stored in plastic bags.
- When you work them, don't let the biscuits rise to high.
- If fat is too hot, the biscuits will be soggy in the center.