Recipe by jsentjens
Old Narraway family recipe
Top Review by CarrolJ
Wonderful Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I only made a half recipe and still got about 3 1/2 dozen. (dropped by large teaspoonsful) I teased my DGD's and told them that these were more healthy because they had oatmeal in them. The youngest who is 5 said, "Even with all the grease in them?". Kids today are sooo smart. Anyway they had lots of fun helping make cookies today. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortening, Fluffo
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 18 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the shortening, brown sugar and white sugar together in a large bowl.
- Combine the vanilla and eggs in a second bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a third bowl.
- Into the first bowl (with shortening etc.), mix, alternately, one-third of the second and third bowls ending with the flour bowl until you have a smooth mixture.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, add the rolled oats and chocolate chips and mix until you have an even distribution.
- Bake on cookie sheets at 375F for approximately 7-9 minutes in the top half of the oven (until they are lightly browned).