- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup plum tomato, canned, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups clam broth
- 10 ounces clams
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic, and sauté about five minutes.
- Add white wine, spices, and herbs, and cook an additional five minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice, and clam broth and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and simmer 20-30 minutes.