Recipe by susie cooks
From the book Indian Home Cooking.
Top Review by Annacia
I was making some Darjeeling tea this afternoon while browsing the tea recipes on Zaar when I came across this one. As I had everything and the water was just coming to a simmer I got busy and put this together. It's wonderful. Very fresh and clean tasting with the citrus and spice coming through very nicely. I steeped it for 7 mins and the aroma was lovely during that time I used Splenda 2 to 1 with the honey. Perfect.
- 4 cups water
- 3 tangerine peel, thinly sliced
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 4 whole cloves
- 5 teaspoons loose darjeeling tea
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, sliced citrus peel, ginger, half lemon, and cloves in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer very gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the tea and honey and return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat abd let steep, covered, for 5 more minutes.
- Strain into cups and serve hot.