1/2 Photos of Napoleon Torte
This delicious torte takes some time to assemble, but it is well worth the effort. For a variety you may add chopped fresh fruit or berries, melted chocolate, or chopped nuts may be added to the fillings. This recipe is baked in Ukraine too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1To make pastry, cut butter into flour until crumbly and blend in sour cream.
- 2Form dough into 10 balls.
- 3Cover each with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Allow dough to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, then roll each ball into a wafer thin circle on a lightly floured board.
- 5Prick all over and bake at 350 degrees F.
- 6for 7 to 10 minutes.
- 8To make filling# 1--Mix together sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
- 9Gradually add hot milk, stirring constantly.
- 10Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- 11Pour a small amount over egg yolks, mix thoroughly and pour back into hot mixture.
- 12Cook for 2 minutes.
- 13Cool, then add vanilla.
- 14To make filling# 2--Pour milk into top of double boiler and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened- about 30 minutes.
- 15Add egg yolks slowly in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- 16Add vanilla.
- 17Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- 19Beat butter until fluffy, then slowly beat in chilled milk mixture.
- 20TO ASSEMBLE TORTE: Place one layer of pastry on a platter and spread with either filling.
- 21Continue stacking, alternating fillings, until 1 layer of pastry remains.
- 22Frost top and sides with remaining filling.
- 23Crush remaining pastry layer and cover torte with crumbs.
- 24Refrigerate for several hours.
- 25Serves 30.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napoleon Torte
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.7 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g