Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Plan ahead and set up the night before but cook in skillet in the morning. Uses French bread and Grand Marnier.
- 1 large French bread, cut into 8 3/4-inch thick slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- confectioners' sugar, to garnish
- orange slice, to garnish
- Arrange bread slices in a 12 X 8 X 2 baking dish.
- Beat eggs with milk, Grand Marnier, sugar, vanilla, and salt using a rotary mixer.
- Pour over the bread, turn slices and refrigerate over-night.
- Cook in hot butter in the skillet about 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with Confectioner's sugar and orange slices on the side of the plate.