Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I believe this comes from a Heart and Stroke publication. It is a healthy heart recipe, but dont let that fool ya into thinking its bland and not worth trying! Your kitchen smells wonderful while making it!!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup flour (to dredge chicken in)
- pepper, to taste (to dredge chicken in)
- oregano (to dredge chicken in)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth (1 cup water and a chicken Oxo cube)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, well drained
- 100 ml pitted black olives, halved
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- Cut chicken into pieces.
- Dredge chicken in the flour, pepper, oregano mixture.
- Brown till golden in the olive oil and butter.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Saute the chopped onions and sliced mushrooms.
- Add and mix well the following-.
- 1 cup chicken broth (1cup water and a chicken Oxo cube).
- 1 large tin tomato- well drained.
- ½ tin black olives, halved.
- 1-2 garlic buds, crushed.
- Place over chickenand mix together well.
- Bake 350 degree oven, covered, x 45-60 minutes, removing lid last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve over rice.