Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Crostata di Pasqua Napoletana
- 1 lb genoa salami or 1 lb hard salami
- 1 lb ham or 1 lb cooked prosciutto
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano
- fresh ground pepper
- pie crust (store bought)
- Cube the salami, ham or prosciutto and mozarella.
- Slightly beat the eggs.
- Add beaten eggs to ham, salami, mozarella and ricotta.
- Add Parmigiano cheese and fresh pepper
- Mix well.
- Place one pie crust into another and place them in a deep dish pie pan
- Pour in the egg, meat and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for about one hour.
- Turn off the oven and let the pie continue to cook while the oven cools.
- Test by placing a toothpick or fork into the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is ready. Serve lukewarm.
- Serves 4.
- That's it!