Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was tired of making spinach artichoke dip and saw this recipe on a bed and breakfast site. This dip disapeared at my last wine tasting party. Everyone loved it!
- 1 round sourdough loaf (original recipe uses a french Bread round)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 cup of chopped ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- sourdough loaf or cracker (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cut off the top of the Sourdough round.
- Hollow out the bread to form a bowl shape (Save the left over bread).
- Combine onions, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Ham and Cheese.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Fill the Bread shell with the cream cheese mixture and replace the top of the bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut up the left over bread into bite size pieces and use for dipping.
- I cut up extra sourdough bread or serve crackers with this dip.
I recently made this dip for a dinner party. It was very easy to make and I got a lot of requests for the recipe. I substituted sheepherders bread for the sourdough and added crackers. It was a hit!
This was made for one of our potluck dinners. My friend didn't watch the instructions closely and ended up baking the dip in an oven proof dish. So she just cut up the bread and we dipped out of the baking dish. Everyone loved the flavor of this dip. We will make it again making sure we fill the bread shell with the dip before baking. Still this is an awesome dip! Thanks for sharing, 4TheLoveofWine.