1/2 Photos of Napa Valley Red Wine Applesauce
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. Comments from the original chef are: "This is excellent with barbecued pork. From California The Beautiful Cookbook."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine apples, red wine, bay leaf and sugar (adjust the amount of sugar based on your preference and the tartness of the apples) in a large saucepan.
- 2Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Mash the apples with the back of a spoon as they begin to soften.
- 4Remove the bay leaf.
- 5For thicker applesauce, boil uncovered and stir constantly until it has reduced slightly.
- 6Use a food mill, if you want a smoother sauce.
- 7Add butter and adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar if necessary.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napa Valley Red Wine Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 43.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g