1/2 Photos of Napa Valley Chicken Bake
Oh my! This is my favorite recipe ever! I sometimes triple the recipe just so I have lots of leftovers because it heats up well. It's so delicious! I got it from one of those old mailings that used to belong my mother-in-law, but she never made it. Too bad because my husband loves it... and I get all the credit for it! It had chopped green onions in the recipe but I HATE onions so I took them out... I forgot to list them for everyone else who likes them! Also, I recommend white COOKING wine because real white wine comes through too strong in my opinion. And just a note: If you don't follow my recipe and you don't like the way it comes out, don't give ME a bad review. You should have cooked it the way I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped into about 1 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced or 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 cup white wine (Use COOKING Wine. Do NOT use regular wine.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 1Wash chicken.
- 2Pat dry.
- 3In bowl, combine the flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 4Place chicken in bowl and mix to coat chicken. This will help thicken the sauce.
- 5In large skillet, heat the oil.
- 6Brown the chicken. (I throw the remainder of the flour mixture in with the chicken in the pan so that it will thicken the sauce enough.).
- 7Don't cook too well as it will finish cooking in oven.
- 8Arrange chicken in 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- 10In separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and tomato paste.
- 11Add wine and mix until mixture is liquidy (I find a hand beater, on low, works well for this).
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Pour mixture over the chicken.
- 14Bake, covered, at 350-F for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 15Remove cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- 16Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napa Valley Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 322.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g