Recipe by cam7
This is good served with fluffy rice, and asparagus spears. This recipe came as part of a set entitled Great American Recipes I collected several years ago
Top Review by Sexy Chef Sheri
Hmmmmm..............I don't know what could have gone wrong with this, as I followed the directions perfectly. But we really, really disliked this. The sauce was bland and it did not go well over pasta. The only flavor that stood out was the wine, and I wish it had other flavors that matched it. Everything else was bland and flavorless. The sauce also seemed to separate during cooking, turning into unappealing lumps that had to be mixed back together. The chicken did turn out juicy, though. That was one good thing. Sorry cam7, this was not a keeper for us.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- In small bowl, cmbine the flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with all the mixture (this will help thicken sauce).
- In large skillet heat the oil and brown the chicken.
- Arrange chicken in 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with the onions and mushrooms.
- In separate bowl mix together the wine, sour cream, tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove cover last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Tips: If desired, the top of casserole can be sprinkled with 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese 10 minutes before end of cooking time.