Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Mrs. T's. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables. Freshly grated block Parmesan (not the stuff from a can) makes this dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) box pierogies, I like potato & cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally cut carrots
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup of cooking water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and carrots and cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and squash and cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pierogies and reserved cooking water.
- Serve individual portions and sprinkle cheese on top.