This recipe came from Mrs. T's. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables. Freshly grated block Parmesan (not the stuff from a can) makes this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box pierogies, I like potato & cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally cut carrots
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Cook pierogies according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup of cooking water before draining.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- 3Add onions and carrots and cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- 4Add asparagus and squash and cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- 6Stir in pierogies and reserved cooking water.
- 7Serve individual portions and sprinkle cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napa Nouveau Pierogies
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 1075.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: