Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a heavy appetizer that eats like a meal, and the grapeseed oil reminds me of my visits to Napa Valley. It’s perfect for a late night supper or a cocktail party. Pork meatballs, perfectly seasoned, stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, rolled in Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and Panko bread crumbs and baked to perfection. The meatballs are served on a bed of fresh spinach and topped with gorgonzola cheese crumbles, olive oil, and served with a slice of lemon.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix with your hands the pork, the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix, the Parmesan cheese, the egg, chives, lemon zest, and Italian bread crumbs. Form intro eight even-sized meatballs.
- Stuff the meatballs with half of the gorgonzola and seal around the cheese.
- Roll the meatballs in the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle with grapeseed oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Note that grapeseed oil has a high smoke point. If your kitchen is not well-ventilated, you can substitute cooking spray and increase the cooking time by five minutes.
- To plate, pile 1/4 cup spinach on each plate. Top with two meatballs and serve with a lemon slice. Garnish with fresh chives (optional).